Tuesday 16 November 2010

Big Ideas and Metal

Today's learning objectives:

To continue with your understanding of Metals

To discuss your major projects and begin to plan your research

Today's PLTS:

Effective Participators= Try to stay calm and work with others to find a way forward

Self Managers= Think ahead so that you minimise problems

You are going to have a single period of metal theory and then we will discuss your ideas for your major projects.

The metal theory will be a recap of what I asked you to read during the last theory lesson (pages 29 to 33). I will then be setting you the task of going away and looking at the different metal processes that are used to form and shape metal. You will need to do this ready for my lesson next week. I will leave it up to you to research and find out about these processes (I would suggest looking in your As Level theory book!!!). REMEMBER= the exam in May/June will be about the first three chapters in that book so you should be reading them as often as possible!!

You should have brought a few ideas for your major project to the lesson today. I will be asking you to explain them to me and we can discuss where to go next with your ideas. Remember that it is essential to have a real client!!!

Once you have proposed your idea and I have given it the OK, then you can start producing your master slide, a research plan and a mind map showing the ideas that you have thought of.

Hope you enjoy the lesson.

No comments: